Saturday, January 31, 2009

... more pictures from my week

"May all who search for you be filled with joy and gladness. May all those who love your salvation repeatedly shout, 'the LORD is great!'" PSALM 40:16
It's been cold and snowy up north here in Belmont all week long. Each day, we got about 2" of fresh snow. I took some short drives around our neighborhood, as well as a drive out to Grand Haven (on Monday) and saw some beautiful sights. These horses over at Krupp Farms were very interested to come and see me, thinking perhaps I had a special treat for them. I don't know enough about horses to even begin to bring them the right thing!


I never get tired of Grand Haven! I hope some time I'll go out there on just the right day and get the photographs I really want ...
Mr. Jones took this picture of me shoveling the driveway from the upstairs front window ~ don't worry ~ he does most of shoveling around here.
Just a few blocks from us up on Samrick there is the quaintest house, small barn, and even a few horses ~ except they are fenced off and I couldn't get very close to them.
I think horses are some of the most beautiful creatures God has created ...

I found this beautiful farm off from 7 mile ... I love the fences ~ and what a great barn!
I've had fun taking pictures this week and I've made a bunch of cards as well ... just trying to hang in there until spring ...
"Shout joyful praises to God all the earth! Sing about the glory of His name! Tell the world how glorious He is! Say to God, 'How awesome are your deeds.'" PSALM 66:1

4 comments:

Andrew Rauch said...

I love your pictures of the snow and the horses and the barns. Beautiful! How many cards have you made?

Sabrina said...

Oops- I forgot to sign Andrew off... it's really me.

Mom Jones said...

I didn't THINK that sounded like Andrew! I made 3 pretty cards this week, but not from pictures I took this past week ... actually those cards were made from shots on Padre Island. But I've also been working on a valentine for each grandchild and I'm almost finished with those.

Ruthanne said...

Your pictures are just beautiful! I am missing talking to you! It seems so long since I have seen you even though it has only been two months. I think everyone is waiting for spring. It seems a long winter already - even though the snow is so beautiful, I would rather have some sun! Talk soon, O.K.?