Monday, December 30, 2013

The final weekend of 2013

The kiddos were able to spend Friday night over here at The Beach House ... the last Friday night of 2013! I had worked a pretty full week over at the security place and I was super tired. Thankfully, the grandchildren were a bit worn out as well. We settled down earlier in the evening than usual, got our jammies on, laid out the sleeping bags and watched a movie together ... an old favorite, "Honey I Shrunk the Kids."
Doesn't Matthew have the sweetest smile?

Even Christopher was tired!

 We enjoyed another chapter out of "The Wise Woman" before we watched our movie, but then I think everyone was soundly sleeping by ... 11:00! Shock! Plus, an added bonus was that all three of them slept in Saturday morning until 8:30.
 Matthew began Saturday morning by building a very nice castle/house with my blocks back in the playroom. Christopher joined in with that fun while Emma decided to put on a "play" about the birth of Jesus using my little nativity set. We even filmed it using my MAC's Photobooth. It's 7 minutes long or I would post it for you to see. Emma did a really good job re-telling the whole story, beginning with the angel's announcement to Mary, Joseph taking her to be his wife, their travels to Bethlehem, the magi from the East, wicked King Herod, etc. She had so much fun.

 There was ONE LAST present under my Christmas tree that had all three names written ...
This was another craft/art kit ... that was ... poorly designed! It boasted of making three fabulous sock puppets and had the cutest pictures on the package of what this kit would make. 


However, what actually came inside the box was very different from what was shown on the outside! We had to do quite a bit of ad libbing ... and even with my sewing machine and extra material, we struggled to get three respectable (!) puppets made! We worked on them for almost three hours, and I will say that we at least had a lot of fun together, laughing and designing, and finally deciding to continue our efforts ... NEXT weekend ... 

No comments: