Monday, February 23, 2015

A brutally cold winter walk ...

I was running a few errands this afternoon and had just enough time to take a quick walk behind Maranatha Bible Church, down the hill, across the railroad tracks and into the woods where Stoney Creek flows through ...
I think our high temperature today was 10 degrees. We started our day -4 degrees, thankfully without any wind whatsoever. But still … BRUTAL. 
The woods was not "magical" today … I think because the trees were so starkly bare and not outlined in the frost or snow … no etchings or beautiful frosty drawings on their branches and boughs today.
Ah, but at least the sun was shining … so my shadow friends were all out dancing and enjoying the day!
There are quite a few pathways back here … but the woods is not as deep as I normally like it to be so that the QUIET is almost noisy (if you get what I mean) ... 
We have been in this frigid air mass for two weeks (I think) and they (the weather people) feel that we might have another 10 days of this arctic blast ... 
Thankfully, I love Michigan … or I would be very tempted to MOVE. However, I could never leave my grandchildren or children. I wouldn't even consider it! So I wear three layers when I go outside! 

35 minutes was all I could take, even with THREE layers from head to toe! I am glad, though, that I was healthy and able to walk these lovely pathways today!

No comments: