Saturday, November 18, 2017

Thursday evening frights!

November 15:  These two! I love to watch them together. Dear Aidan is smitten with his mama--completely. He was super tired in these pictures over at SnapFish the other night. He likes my camera, though, and was very patient while I snapped these pictures.

 Mutual adoration ...

 Dear souls, both of them--love them so much.
 After swimming lessons were over, Brendan and I went to the mall to hang out for a little while. We walked around and looked at the pretty Christmas trees and lights ...
 We had a bite to eat (a terrible picture of dear Brendan!) -- Brendan ate pizza while I ate Chineese.
 Brendan took a virtual underwater sea adventure ($7) that was fun to watch him experience. Even the guy at the booth was cracking up watching Brendan's complete abandon and enjoyment.



 But the BIG deal thing about our evening was supposed to be the play "Beauty and the Beast." Note the italics on "supposed." You see, Brendan does NOT like scary stuff--not even a little bit. He has a zero tolerance for being scared. We had really good seats and the tickets were "free" so we just waltzed in and got ourselves situated, took our coats off, and visited with people before the play began. A girl from Holy Trinity was playing the part of Belle and it seemed like half of their church was there to see her performance.
 I kind of wondered how Brendan would do when the Beast came out. I didn't have long to wait actually! During the first 30 seconds after the curtain went up, out came the Beast with foggy smoke surrounding him! Brendan let loose a blood-curdling scream and began shouting, "I don't want to be here! I don't like this!" Loudly. Very loudly. I thought perhaps I could calm him down, but it became obvious (very quickly) that he was thoroughly frightened (poor dear).
So we made a quick exit and never did see the play! I hear it was very well done. !! Brendan was so relieved to be out of the theatre! We went back to his house and read some books together and I got to tuck him in for the night (one of my favorite things to do). After Brendan was tucked in, I went back out to visit with Dylan, Kelly and Aidan in the front room. As I was getting ready to leave, I noticed a monster (I'm not kidding) spider high up on their wall (out of Kelly's reach). Dylan attempted to get it and missed (because their hutch was blocking his aim) and the huge thing ran away (much to my horror--but I had exited the room so that I did not have to witness the "encounter"). So our Thursday night had its ups and downs, but I am glad we had it!

No comments: