Monday, November 25, 2019

A funny and foolish play!

Sunday, December 24:  Comstock Park Drama Club presents: "Fools" by Neil Simon. 
I didn't take many photos while the play was in progress--mostly because I didn't want to be obnoxious, and also there was this sentence in the program: "The videotaping or photographing of htis production is strictly prohibited." I made a very REAL attempt to be in compliance to that request, order, law--whatever you want to call it. 
The program stated that this about the setting of the play. Time:  Long Ago   Place:  The village of Kulyenchikov

I had never seen "Fools" before, but it was a very delightful story about a town that was under a curse by the wealthy Count that lived up the hill from the village. Unless and until Sophia Zubritsky married the count, the entire village was under the curse of complete and total ignorance, and downright foolishness. Nobody knew anything about anything ... total idiots, all of them!
These students ALL did a great job playing the parts of very stupid people. At times, it was pretty hilarious. I got to sit with Jesse throughout the play--he was quite delighted in the script and the acting as well.
These photos were taken AFTER the performance was over--everyone taking their bows.



Emma is listed as "Deck Crew" in the program. She helped get the sets ready (painting, etc.) and she was responsible for the opening and closing of the curtain during scenes. Can you see her in the picture below?

I love that Emma participates in great stuff like this. It's so good for her. Personally, I think Emma could ACT in certain parts too--but she will not hear of it! That's fine, Emma. I totally get it. I love being behind the scenes too.






I'm so glad I got to come and see the play! I'm proud of you, Emma! Good job! Well done, everyone who acted and played a part.

Since funding is a bit tight for public schools, there is NO drama CLASS anymore; hence a Drama Club that meets outside of school, not funded by anyone. I'm pretty sure the woman who directed the play was a volunteer as well, along with the Assistant Director.

Very fine EVERYTHING. I loved it!
The End. 

No comments: