Thursday, February 6, 2020

February 5

Wednesday:  Brendan and I sure had a lot of fun today. I like hanging out with him so much. 
 We always do a variety of things--I try to keep us away from technology and stay with games or art or something creative (not that technology doesn't offer creative outlets--because it does) ... but just so that Brendan and I are participating together 1-on-1 and making a connection. Some would argue that people do that all the time playing video games together ... but perhaps since I am lousy at playing video games and do not have any at my house, this works out better.
 Brendan is sketching the emblem of Zelda, I think (speaking of video games) ... he was very intense about it ...

 Removing it from the window will be an interesting endeavor ... but I'll keep it intact for awhile at least.

 Brendan also suggested that we make a pop-up card together--each of us making our own. He asked me what we should make POP OUT and so I suggested a lighthouse (naturally). 
 Matey watched us closely and interfered whenever he got the chance ... he loves to nibble on paper, so we had to keep him away from our card stock. The upper right picture looks like he is LAUGHING at us--perhaps he was!
 Brendan really enjoys using scissors and glue and tape. He likes designing stuff. That's good for his brain, and he comes by it honestly I think!
 We did eventually get on my computer and Brendan took me to PBS kids to show me a "game" he likes to play: Scribbles and Ink. It's actually very fun and let's you draw stuff to go along with the story they are telling and then it animates for you. There is a lot of creativity involved and very instant gratification--something children crave, for sure. I took a picture of the spaceship Brendan designed for Scribbles (the cat) and Ink (the mouse) for their space adventure.

 Brendan also made a Space Matey (drawing in the right box with the giant helmet) ... anyway, it was very fun to do this together with him. 
 And then we played for awhile in the toy room. Brendan designed a marble run with my newer LocBloc pieces. It was fun to watch him design it, trial and error, etc. It turned out very nicely.
 This is a picture of the two Origami characters that Brendan and Kelly folded, one for each of Brendan's classmates! The yellow one is a Quiditch (?? from Harry Potter), and the Green one is a frog that actually jumps if you press in just the right place on its back. Very cool, Brendan.
PS  Are your folks ever going to take you to get your hair cut?!?!? I'm just saying ... twice a year seems a bit minimal. Perhaps if it were just combed or brushed? Sigh. Just a suggestion!

No comments: