Friday, September 1, 2017

Lighthouse Weekend, Ludington Harbor

David and I left the State Park and headed down to Ludington Harbor. On our way, we noticed this freighter way out on the lake, heading into Ludington! Yay!
We decided that we wanted to see the freighter more than the little Ludington harbor light, so we parked and watched this beautiful ship come into the channel. 




 The Saginaw was launched May 9, 1953! Hey--that's the year of my birth! It is 639 feet!


 We had so much fun watching it maneuver into the channel.
We grew up watching the ships come in and out of the Detroit River, through Lake St. Clair, up the St. Clair River to Port Huron and through to Lake Huron. David and I LOVE the big ships! What a treat this was for us! 

 Ludington Harbor Light (below) is a very unique little light, isn't it? I wanted to get closer to it, but David and I were running out of time ... another day I will definitely come and get some better pictures I hope!

No comments: