Friday, January 25, 2019

Undeniably winter ...

Friday, January 25:  Winter has finally arrived in full force. Yay! We've really not had much snow or true cold temps until this past week or so. I'm glad to have it! January and February are the appropriate months for this kind of beauty, right? 

"The LORD is in His holy temple. Let all the earth be silent before Him." Habakkuk 2:20. How we need HIM. There is NO ONE to compare Him to ... 
 I took these pictures today over at Crahen Valley Park which is near Leonard and Crahen streets, kind of just beyond Meijer Garden property. It's spectacularly beautiful out here. It was 11 degrees when I exited my car and there was a gusty wind blowing too ...
 I was all layered up and ready for it. I told myself I would just take a real quick walk and try to get a few pictures that could somehow capture the beauty that God had made today ...
 But I've never hiked here before in the winter ... and actually, this "park" is new to me from just this past fall when I took the kiddos here and we got kind of surrounded by thorny brambles, etc. Kaity wasn't too happy about that excursion!

 This was my first time to explore here in the winter. I figured that since I am a real wimp when it comes to COLD, I would take perhaps a 20 minute walk ...
 But that 20 minutes stretched out quite a bit ...

 Because, as usual, I get caught up in the beauty of all of it ... the wonder ... the stunning creation ...

 ... and I just have to see more ... what's down that little pathway?  what is around that corner?
 What's at the end of that hill?
 But that's OK because I really didn't have any time constraints today ... however, I DID have to be careful not to be out too long in this dangerous cold.
 I had my phone with me, just in case I should fall and break a hip or something catastrophic like that. Yikes, that would be terrible!
 Thankfully, nothing bad happened. I was completely and totally A L O N E. It was perfect.

 I love the quiet on a day like this, don't you?


 I found a little brook after walking endlessly searching for one ...

 It's very brambly down here in this part of the park, though ... lots of thorny places ...
 It IS pretty, though, isn't it?

 There is something totally unique about a winter-scape ... that can't be equalled in any other way. I love it very much, and it actually rivals Lake Michigan!

 Just when the sun finally broke through the clouds, my camera battery pooped out ... sigh. I DO love the shadows!
 Oh well, had the battery maintained, I probably would have stayed out way too long; instead, I hiked back up the hill ... I unwisely decided to take the steep climb back up to the top instead of turning around and reversing my steps to the more gradual path ... I regretted it many times over ...
... I did finally ask the Lord to help me navigate around the thorns that were EVERYWHERE and show me the right path to the top! Yes! I did make it back safely ... so all is well.

No comments: