Sunday, March 25, 2018

More of Brendan

Thursday, March 22:  When I picked Brendan up from his swim lesson late this afternoon, it was DYLAN and Aidan who greeted me--Kelly had a client. Brendan was already swimming, so baby Aidan and I hung out for awhile. NO pictures of darling Aidan today--I was too exhausted from work to think about photographs, no matter how cute the subject. Anyway, when Brendan was drying off after his lesson, he tugged on my coat and asked: "Can we go to your house and play?" I was hoping you would say that, Brendan! We took the scenic route (to avoid traffic at that hour of the day) and finally arrived home.
Brendan makes himself quite comfortable while playing at the Beach House. He knows where everything is and just helps himself. This is good. He decided to play trains and trucks today while I was fixing us some dinner. He had all kinds of sound effects going. This boy LOVES trains. He is quite passionate about them. I don't think I have seen his equal!  
We enjoyed a good dinner together, good conversation, silly stuff (naturally), read some stories, watched an episode (or two) of one of his favorite kid programs on Netflix and just relaxed together.I also showed him my Florida pictures, introduced him to all of the pelicans I had met along the way (!!) and he listened, quite enthralled (he loves a good story). He asked me all kinds of questions and laughed at the funny parts too. I love this kid.
When I took Brendan back to his house, I got to tuck him in. We brought a few books from my place to read in his bed tent. We read about David and Goliath, Gideon, and then we read some stories out of my "Just the Thing" book, which is a compilation of children's stories (i.e. Frog and Toad) that Brendan loves. Brendan, you are such a gift to your Grandma Carol.

No comments: