Friday, June 26, 2020

June 25, an early celebration

Thursday:  It's four days before Kaity's birthday, but she and I are celebrating it TODAY! Four or five weeks ago when Kaity and I ordered her gifts on-line and they arrived four days later (unfortunately, right when Kaity was at my house and thought she could have them that very second!) ... it has seemed like FOREVER to Kaity, this very long wait ...
 Kaity got all dressed up in her beautiful white dress for the occasion. Afterall, it is not every day that you get to open up a NEW doll, especially one that will be a brother to Kaity's beloved Lily!
 Kaity's talking to Lily (below), getting her ready for the BIG moment ...
 They opened the box together!
 And there he is! Kaity looked him over from head to toe ...

 She kind of had the name "LIAM" picked out for him, but we didn't make it official yet ...
 THEN she opened my card that I made especially for her and her Lily (it's Lily's birthday today too!).



 And then Kaity opened up the much anticipated BUNK BED for both Lily and her brother!
 It was a pretty basic assembly ... it took me awhile (because I am challenged that way), but FINALLY it was together.

 Look how cute the little dolls look with the pillow and blanket!
 Kaity snapped this picture of me ...

 Look how pleased Kaity is with her gifts! I'm so glad! We had looked and looked online for a bunk bed and there is a ton of different ones out there ... but this is made by Melissa and Doug, a trusted name in children's products, and it is nice solid wood. The beds came with little mattresses, and matching pillows and blankets. SO cute.


 THEN, we got everyone assembled at our party table for cupcakes ...

 I love these pictures of you, Kaity!


 Everyone enjoyed their cupcakes!

 After we ate our cupcakes, we drove over to AJ's to play for a little bit ... the picture (below) was taken after we got back home from AJ's.

No comments: