Monday, July 6, 2020

4th of July FIREWORKS

Saturday Evening: The fireworks couldn't "kick off" until it was dark. Dear Kaity was almost out of patience waiting, but she did not WHINE (thankfully) ... she was just super quiet and a tiny bit broodish. But we love Kaity and I think she did very well.
 Robin says that the sun goes down but the sky doesn't get its height of color for another 30 to 40 minutes! I have never been at Morrison this late in the day, so I had no idea.
 We were delighted, however, to watch the moon rise just over the little cottage where Robin resides.
 I was far more "taken" with the full moon than I was with the fireworks ...


 But I must say in very strong terms, I have never witnessed a more EPIC fireworks display in all my life. They were shooting off all around the lake; and since we had boated right to the middle of the lake, we were surrounded by fireworks and reflections. It was truly incredible.

 I am a pretty terrible night photographer and I am only posting what I feel to be my "best" pictures. I took tons that didn't even turn out this clearly.

 Dear Kaity was just about beside herself with "nothing to do!" I finally strapped my camera around her neck and set her loose to take pictures to her heart's desire. Here are a few that Kaity took ...

 Nice job, Kaity!
 Pretty soon, Kaity was finished with photography, but very contented at last. She returned my camera and I shot a few more pictures. I found the moon SO alluring.




 Emma was willing to send me her best photos too! She has an Android phone that takes amazing pictures. She also has a "night" setting and has learned to use it! I love these photos! The picture below has Kaity in it (to the right) ...

 In this picture, I am to the right, also taking pictures. I cropped out half of my rear-end so as not to alarm anyone (!!) as to how LARGE it is.

 These are great pictures, Emma!





Fireworks continued for a solid 35 minutes ... possibly more! What a great time we had--wonderful way to spend the 4th. Thank you so much, Robin!

No comments: