Wednesday, July 8, 2020

July 7 HOT HOT HOT

Tuesday: I believe that today is W. Michigan's eighth 90 degree (or higher) day in a row. I love the heat ... USUALLY. But for some reason this year, this kind of heat just zaps my strength to ZERO. Plus, Monday evening I "jammed" my right foot while turning a corner in my little house, injuring my middle, fourth and fifth toes--they are not broken, but ... they THROB with pain. So I limped around all day Tuesday, which only added to the general annoyance of the day.

Our three-year-old Aidan loves to sing the "Hot Choc-o-lat" song from "The Polar Express" ... hot hot HOT! That's how my house was today! The children did not seem to be overly bothered by the heat--thankfully.
Erin was as sweet and as cute as ever ...

Brendan was ... well, it is difficult to describe exactly. I do believe this dear child is plagued with sensory overload and other special needs ... and my heart aches so deeply for him. He "marched" around the "circle" of my living area for nearly two hours, talking the entire time of Pokeman Sword and Shield and various aspects of that entire unknown world to me, wanting so badly for me to interact with him about all of it. I will honestly tell you that I have NO interest in video games--I never have! I think Pacman is about the only game that ever made any bit of sense to me, but I was never any good at it. 
The entire time that Brendan was marching around and asking me questions (that I could not answer) about Pokeman, the two little kids were also talking to me and requiring my attention ...
... and did I mention how HOT my house was (yes, I know I did!). I did bring the kiddos all outside in my side yard for about an hour to play with the water toys--and managed to do so without taking one single picture of them outside. After we came back inside, we had snacks and watched "Herbie Goes to Monte Carlo", which was fun and seemed to settle Brendan down a little bit.

These two played hard all day and wore themselves out. 
I drove them home to their house and then returned to mine ... practically in a coma I was so exhausted. I know. I've been looking forward to HOT weather for such a long time and I truly prefer it to being COLD. But somehow this year, I haven't done well with it! On my days "off", I have zero motivation and other than cleaning the house, I haven't even been inclined to make any cards! I must be getting old.

No comments: