Friday, June 4, 2021

June 3 Swimming and Playing

Thursday:  Kaity and I visited Versluis Park again--Kaity swam--I ALMOST swam. Here's the thing--our temperatures have warmed up nicely--it was 85 degrees today with a nice steady breeze blowing--almost zero humidity--perfection! BUT ... the water was SO cold. I just could not force myself to get in beyond my knees. I was able to play ball with Kaity, though. We have one of those cool fabric balls that you can get to skip across the water. It doesn't sink. Kaity and I played catch for a long while ... until so many people arrived that there wasn't really room to do that anymore.

I had a hard time at Versluis today. I'll be honest! I am not a big fan of a huge crowd of people--especially rough kinds of people. Let me define "rough" for you in this instance: a whole bunch of very young mothers, not at all interested in taking care of their screaming children--and those screaming children never ever happy--and the mothers complaining and cajoling and bribing ... yuck. Bad. Loud. Annoying. Very sad!

Kaity swam for about an hour. I stayed IN the water with Kaity most of the time. These pictures do not show how crowded it got--so you will just have to trust me about that.

There are two playgrounds at Versluis. This one is especially nice in that it is under shade trees. Kaity played here for quite awhile after she was finished swimming.
Kaity loves playgrounds. She is so physical, so athletic.

I took a few pictures to demonstrate just how pretty this place is. It's really lovely, isn't it?



After playing on the playground equipment, we drove the 5 minutes to my house where we ate dinner and played a game of "Sleeping Queens". 

My heart is sad tonight because of a difficulty between Emma and Jesse. I am praying that the two of them can resolve it, and forgive each other. They do not seem to hear each other's gripes very well--they will do very well for awhile, but then something will suddenly happen and words are spoken (which cannot be taken back). Please, Lord, help Jesse and Emma to come to an understanding with each other. Please meet their needs, Lord.

No comments: