Wednesday, October 20, 2021

October 19 Tuesday's Children

Tuesday:  How much FUN can we have at my house! Aidan was his usual playful and verbally outrageous self today ... his favorite word seemed to be "stinky" ... everything was "STINKY" and as he said the word he cracked up. He quite regularly cracks up about words ... I love this about him. Brendan is very much this way too ... always has been--although less outrageous than Aidan. 

We played lots of games today--a few from our "Doodles 101" art book (Mo Willems). Brendan spent a great deal of happy time designing his own game on the back of one from the book ... I'll show the finished game to you later ...
I'm not sure WHY Miss Erin looks so entirely glum in this photo ... she LOVES to play games. We were using one of my "mood" dice as we played today. If it landed on the sad face--that meant you were stuck right on that square and could NOT move. Erin repeatedly rolled the sad face ... so did Brendan--but that made Brendan just laugh! He is a very good-natured sort of person. 

Aidan worked on another "book" today and was entirely DISinterested in playing ANY games ...

I got down my LEGO lighthouse as well as the LEGO treehouse for Aidan and Erin to play with--as long as they kept it up on the table where it couldn't be stepped on. They did great with it. I'm not kidding you--they played with these models for over an hour.
Brendan observed his siblings, listened to their cute conversations and occasionally would look up and smile ...

Erin and Aidan had all kinds of pretend play going on here ... these are very nice models. The lighthouse even comes with an Ice Cream Shoppe and has a potty too!
The tree house has a very cool zip line ...


Here is Brendan showing me his game ... we played it and had so much fun! Brendan was very pleased.

Aidan was 100% happy making ice cream cones for all of the LEGO people ...




Three beautiful grandchildren ... I love them so much.

This little angel baby was a little bit sleepy throughout the day. She climbed up into my super soft round bedroom chair and cuddled up with my softest blanket ...


Here is a closer look at Brendan's game ... he did an excellent job on it!
We did watch a video from Amazon Prime ... the kiddos were all pretty tired and so we popped popcorn and relaxed in the front room for awhile. Look how tired little Erin is!
We returned to their house at about 5:45 to eat PIZZA! I played with little Callaghan for awhile--neglected to bring my camera--which I regretted! He is such a sweet little person. I stayed to help tuck Aidan and Erin in for the night (which is a bit of a process): they use the potty, brush their teeth, recite the Lord's Prayer--and Dylan asks them to name TWO things they are thankful for that day. Erin said she was thankful for her dad and for "gwamma". Aidan said he was thankful for "scary stories!" and then he couldn't think of anything else. Dylan then asked the kids to thank Jesus for those things they had named. I stayed and sang some songs with them--but they were pretty wound up, so I finally gave up getting them to settle down, kissed them both (Erin gave a big hug too) and then left. What sweeties they are. 

Thankful today right down to my toes ...

No comments: