Wednesday, January 11, 2023

January 10 2's Day

Tuesday:  It was Cal and Erin today at my house. We had a lot of fun together. The kids played really nice. Here are a few pictures.

The setup: The track surrounding the railway? I've had it a long time, but we don't play with it very often. I used to have TWO battery powered cars that went with the track; but the red one broke, and now I just have the blue car. However, BLUE CARS are Cal's favorite thing--so I figured I would try it out on him today. I can't wait to see his little face when he plays with this.

The Hot Wheels garage and roadway is all ready and set to go as well ...
All of the dolls are waiting for Erin to take care of them ...
And the stuffed animals too!
We arrived at my house just before noon. Cal was super thrilled when he saw everything set up.
The BLUE car was the car of his dreams.
He played for hours with it!

Dear Erin was a talking box today--I don't know if she ever came up for air! She's such an interesting little person, though.



We spent some time in my bedroom as well. The kiddos like my comfortable corner chair and bed ...
They got snuggly and read books for awhile ...







They were both SUPER tired ... look at their exhausted faces. But there was NO way, NO how that Erin was going to allow Cal to usurp her spot in my bed. She eventually fell asleep for more than an hour while Cal and I played out in the main rooms.

Another really sweet thing today--I read Erin "The Tale of Three Trees", one of my very favorite children's books. Erin listened SO intently and got tears in her eyes when the little trees were chopped down and turned into things they did NOT want to be!
But the story has such a beautiful ending--and Erin got every single implication too. She's a bright little one with a very sensitive heart. 

At Their House:  Aidan was sick and had to stay home from school today; so Dylan came home from work for the afternoon so that Kelly could see clients. Since we didn't have to be at their house at any specific time to get kids off buses (since Dylan was there), we didn't return until about 4:30. This seems to be a fussy time of day for the little ones. I stayed and played for longer than usual. Kelly had a meeting after work tonight, so I didn't see her in the evening. Dylan ordered the family a delicious Thai meal that didn't arrive until after 7:00--but it was very worth staying late--Dylan looked pretty tired out and it was nice to be helpful to him. We did the dishes after we were finished feeding the kids and got to visit 1-on-1 for awhile too. I would say it was a very good day.

No comments: