Saturday, October 10, 2026

October 10 Rogue River walk

Saturday:  I have had two weekends in a row without a Friday night sleepover. Aidan was scheduled to come over this weekend, but it turned out that it is Homecoming weekend for Forest Hills Schools and Aidan desired to go to the football game Friday night and postpone his sleepover for a week. 

It was a beautiful weather day today. Total sunshine and 80 degrees at one point! I took a bunch of clothing that I no longer fit (and have firmly come to grips that I will NEVER again fit), folded them up nicely, and donated them to a place over on Plainfield. I forget the name of the place, but Bev has told me about it numerous times--how clean it is, how decently priced items are, and that it is a mission based thrift shop. I've been doing the old switching out summer clothes for winter ones in my closets, getting the warmer ones all washed and ready for wearing. After going through every single piece of clothing I own, I decided it was about time to get rid of those things that no longer fit (like I can't even squeeze myself into them--and who wants to be squeezed into their clothing anyway?). While I was at the shop, I did a looking around. Bev is right. What a nice place! 

After I was finished over at the thrift shop, I drove over to Rogue River drive, just off Northland, where they've been doing all of the road work as well as an extended walking path with a little walking bridge over the Rogue River. I parked my car off the main drag on a side street and took a nice, long walk.

This little cutie was watching me as I was gathering my keys and phone to go to the car ...

So this walking path has been here for awhile, but the county added fencing and I think they resurfaced it as well.

This path is directly by the golf course (the name of which I can't recall), so you can kind of look through the trees and see the golfers ...
This is a tiny creek that flows off from the Rogue.
Some dainty little blossoms that the Lord designed ...

Here is the walking bridge over the river. I'm not really sure it was necessary to build this--except recreational bikers had to use the shoulder of Rogue River drive to cross the river before. Now, no one has to worry about any traffic whatsoever.
This is from the bridge ... I'm going to have to come back when the colors are at their peak ... we have a ways to go yet for that to happen.


Can you see the rocks on the riverbed? The river is not very deep here, at least by my estimation.
It's a very pretty spot--don't you think?




I managed to walk two miles with my sore feet shouting at me with almost every step. However, I have found some exercises that are at least helping my knees and strengthening my quadriceps; so that's a good thing. I was really thankful to be outside enjoying the beauty of the day.


No comments: