Tuesday, October 2, 2018

I'm in love with this baby ...

Monday, October 1:  Yikes! HOW can it possibly be OCTOBER?!?!?  Sigh. For me, that means summer is officially OVER. But how can I be SAD when there is October to enjoy? I LOVE Octobers!
 This is another "thing" that I love. I LOVE THIS BABY. I think I am IN love with Aidan Paul. He has the most beautiful, delightful, little soul ... his folks should count their blessings that he ever gets driven back to their house from mine ... I am so tempted to KEEP him right here with me.

 It is so EASY to interact with Aidan. He just connects right away. I love that about him.
I could listen to his dear belly laugh from morning to night and never weary of it.
 Our Aidan loves books. AND he likes books that make noise. AND he loves to be read to. This is GOOD.



 We did read some stories today, but he particularly enthralled with my "MOO on the Farm" book.
 Aidan loves all of the little trinkets at my house--most of which he can examine and touch and do anything he likes with ...
 Look at his dear little face ... isn't he so expressive?
 Aidan enjoyed Cocoa the cat puppet very much today. He even played with him correctly, by putting his dimpled hand inside and moving our little puppet around like it was real. 

 We played the piano for awhile too ...

 Even Cocoa joined in ...
 Aidan likes my new potbelly stove (this one actually HEATS, at least for now) ... but I don't allow the children to mess with the buttons (much to their sadness, but that's the way it has to be!).

 Aidan and I played ball for awhile and had a lot of fun with my BIG beach ball.
 But then Aidan stumbled upon my basket of instruments. He picked up this recorder and just went to town ...
 ... with so much heart and soul ...
 ... and obvious delight and JOY ...
 He just couldn't help himself!


 This child absolutely slays me ...
 Look at his dear tiny body ...
 Below is my favorite picture of the day ... Aidan casually one-handing the flute while grabbing the activity center as he walks by. He looks like a midget musician, a tiny elfin on the loose ...



I think, even though it will be completely unacceptable to his parents, I'll just keep him next week ... 

No comments: