Friday, October 19, 2018

Late morning with Brendan

More Thursday morning:  
ROBINETTE'S ORCHARD:  There is a "Jumping Pillow" over at Robinette's now! It's NOT a trampoline, but it's pretty fun. You can get some good bouncing, slipping and sliding going on all at once! So Brendan did all of that ... thankfully the sun was shining on our cold bodies ...


 Look at these GIANT chairs! Good grief. I told Brendan that these were for the giants that lived out in the woods, so they would have a place to come and rest if they wanted. Brendan looked at me and definitely told me, "There is no such things as a giant, Grandma!" Okay then.
 We finally went over to the shop and picked out a nice chocolate sprinkled donut for Brendan. That is his favorite donut.

 Personally, ALL of these are my favorites. I did not eat a donut, nor did I sneak a bite of Brendan's. :( Cry me a river, I know. 
 And look at this GIANT pumpkin. I didn't even mention to Brendan that it belonged to the giants.




THE GRAND RAPIDS PUBLIC MUSEUM:

From Robinette's, we cruised on down to the museum to see their brand new dinosaur exhibit.

 We have such a nice museum. I'm glad I am a member here! It really helps defray the cost of coming here so often.
 We were very excited about the Dinosaur exhibit.
 They had life-like and life-sized dino models that had remote functions. You could press a control and move the dinosaur head, its mouth, tail, neck, AND you could press a button to hear its SOUND.
 This was very fun for Brendan. He loves dinosaurs. He pronounces their names very distinctly and correctly (even with his lisp!).
 You could play a kind of "Operation" game on the bones of the T. Rex ... that was fun!

 This is a very cool exhibit.
 Brendan colored in a dino of his own.
 He played with model dinosaurs.
 AND there was this really cool hands-on exhibit about the earth's crust, the shifting plates, volcanoes, etc.
The sand was SO soft and there were lights above that shifted and made beautiful patterns and designs on the land you could form. Very cool. 
So all and all, Brendan and I had a very eventful 24 hours together. I'm so happy I am retired and able to truly ENJOY this time with the children. Thank you, Lord!

No comments: