Saturday, October 13, 2018

Wild KT

Thurday, October 11:  I picked Kaity up from school today and, since it was cold and wet outside, we drove over to my house to play. These pictures do not demonstrate it, but Kaity was a WILD girl Thursday. I'm not sure just what was going on in her little head, but almost no matter what we played with, things were being tossed about like in a hurricane! It's difficult for me to play like that, Kaity!

We played with our stuffed animals, we played some games, we ate some stuff (although Kaity refused to eat her rice because I had neglected to put any broccoli in it!) ... but Kaity was pretty wound up the entire time. These pictures are actually of our final 15 minutes together. Kaity asked if I would get my valentine box down off the shelf (it's on the highest shelf in the playroom) so that she could play with my wind-up toys.
 So ... that's what we did. Just for a little while, Kaity calmed down a little bit and played more composed with these somewhat fragile toys. I did threaten her, however (!!!) that if she threw them around, I would not get them down again for a very long time.
 We sat here on the floor and wound these guys up and watched them do their things ... and it was enjoyable. 





I hope this post doesn't sound overly negative ... it's just that I'm not exactly sure how to direct Kaity's play sometimes, and I don't do well with chaos. Anyway, I hope Kaity had a nice time over here. I love having her come to my house to play. 

No comments: