Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Ice storm, power out!

Thursday, February 7:  During the night Wednesday, West Michigan was hit with an ice storm. I had slept in Thursday morning, having been pretty tired from our trip up north. I didn't crawl out of bed until WAY after 8AM ... and promptly at 9:15, the power went OFF.

Not one to be terribly prone to panic about power outages, I thought I would wait it out to see what would happen. I opened all my blinds to the fullest, put a couple of extra layers of clothing on, grabbed my study books, and went into my bedroom where there was the most light, and worked on my Isaiah Bible study for awhile.

When it got too cold, I drove over to the Plainfield library and spent the rest of the day there, until the library closed at 8PM. On the way to the library, I snapped these pictures ...
 ... this is just off Northland Drive at that lake that I can NEVER remember the name of!
 Gorgeous ice everywhere!



I drove back to my little house after the library closed and ... still no power! So, I slept up at the clubhouse where it was warm. Thankfully, I had many offers of a warm place to stay until power returned, so I spent the next few days safe, warm and extremely blessed by my dear friend Brenda. Our power finally returned late Saturday and I returned home Sunday after church to find the power back on but NO HEAT. It took awhile, with lighting the pilot on the furnace, taggling with the breaker box, messing around with some switches on the furnace ... and finally heat was restored. Do not think for one second that I figured that out by myself. I had absolutely ZERO input. Good neighbors are worth a million dollars ...

No comments: