Thursday, April 13, 2023

April 10 MATTHEW

Monday:  It's Matt's 18th birthday today. I was unable to connect with him over the weekend, so I drove over to Diana's this afternoon to hand deliver his card and $gift.

I don't get to visit with Matt very often. He has an "open" invitation to come whenever he would like; however, there isn't really much to do over at a grandma's house that has no TV or video game system--so I get it. And it's not just that--Matt is grown now and has an agenda of his own--ways to spend his time as he chooses. I don't expect him to come trotting over here every week. But I do miss knowing Matt--because it's just impossible to actually know someone you rarely visit with. That's just how it is. I remind myself of this often--because, well, it's like that with the Lord too. How can I possible KNOW the Lord if I don't spend any time with Him? He's given me an entirely TRUE book that teaches me all about Him--plus, I can talk to Him any time I choose. I often put Him very low on my priority list--I don't mean to, but it does happen. I imagine He feels sad about this. I am asking Him to help me spend priority time getting to KNOW HIM. I have so much available right at my finger tips--no excuses, grandma!

But back to Matt. I love that his name means: "Gift of God" OR "Gift FROM God" ... either way, it's very similar. God has given us a GIFT in our Matthew. Not to just focus on just his appearance or anything--but isn't he a handsome young man? 

I designed Matt's birthday card around the meaning of his name ...






I love you, Matthew! Perhaps you will come over soon and we can talk. I would love to hear what goes on inside your head. Seriously! Open invitation ... any time you would like. 

No comments: