Wednesday, April 19, 2023

April 18 A GOOD Tuesday

Tuesday:  It was such a GOOD Tuesday today and I am SO thankful for it! For once, I wasn't sick in any way at all--not even a headache! I prayed for strength and wisdom and confidence to do a good job taking care of the Littles, and God was good to give me all that I needed.

Thankfully, I went to the public library Monday afternoon and picked up a load of interesting books to read with the kids. I had forgotten how much even these little ones enjoy reading and looking through books. We did a LOT of that today, which really helped to stretch our time out nicely.
Cal enjoyed all of the cooking utensils for quite awhile today ...

He was cooking up a storm ... stirring and blowing the hot stuff, etc.

He refused ANY and ALL assistance from his sister, Erin.
Our Cal was a bit grumpy today. I learned later that since it was Orthodox Easter weekend, there were many late nights for these kiddos ... 




Erin asked for ice cream a little earlier than usual this afternoon. I had purchased these "Creamsicles" at Meijer, hoping the kiddos would like them.

But after just a few licks ... they both put them aside and didn't want any more. Note to Self: Don't buy these for the little kids again. Stick to CHOCOLATE.
We drove back to their house at our usual 4:00--both of them fell asleep in my car. I got Aidan off his bus, and Brendan came in two minutes after that. I moved the little ones into the house and onto the couches--but I could NOT wake them up. They slept for another hour until their folks returned home.

After dinner, everyone was refreshed and revived and so we played "Chase me, Gamma!" for a long time, read some books, laughed a LOT, and just had a nice time. Sadly, Kelly was exhausted from her seasonal allergies--but I was thankful that for ONCE, I had enough energy to stay later and be more helpful. I had some fun with Aidan and Brendan too. I love these guys so much.


No comments: