Thursday, April 6, 2023

April 4 F O U R ! ! !

Tuesday:  It's Spring Break, so today I have all FOUR of the O'Pahmans at my house. I have a splitting headache and a sore throat (not severe) and am hoping that this is not the beginning of strep throat for me. Emma was diagnosed Thursday night with this very thing--but we've been keeping our distance quite faithfully.

I picked these kiddos up at 11a.m. from Nanny Jen, who told me that Aidan had been talking about being able to go to Grandma Carol's house since Spring Break BEGAN last Thursday! WOW. I didn't know being at my house was such a longed for experience! 

We walked through my door at 11:30 and the fun began. Aidan hauled out the LEGOS and began building with all of his heart.
Erin wanted to spend time in my room looking at all my "jewels." 
Brendan was content to build with MagnaCubes and do a little reading on the couch.

Cal ate his lunch of Mac'n cheese an hour after we had finished OUR lunch. He was too busy playing with trains and cars and trucks and said he was NOT hungry.
Erin asked very sweetly if she couldn't please, please PLEASE paint again this week? So, naturally, I got out the paints! She was the only one of the children who wanted to do this. No problem.
"You know what, Gwamma?" asked Erin. "I think I am going to paint the sky PINK because ... you know how the sky changes colors when the sun is going down? Well! MY sky is going to turn PINK!
I told Erin that I agreed--PINK skies are very pretty! 
We had planned to go to Altitude around 3:30 this afternoon; but due to a slight "problem" with Aidan's digestive system, we ended up having to make a trip back to their house to get some clean clothes, and then we turned around and headed back the opposite direction to Altitude. 

Mr. Cal was VERY pleased to be there. He is getting better at jumping on the trampolines; but not very high or fast. The last time we were here (months ago), Cal was standing on a trampoline and got thrown pretty high in the air when a bigger kid jumped on it. He landed with a thud and then ended up not being able to put any weight on his leg afterwards for quite a long time. I believe he even had a kind of cast on afterwards; so Dylan and Kelly have been leery of Cal being let loose here. I don't blame them!
Brendan was pretty watchful over his tiny brother ...
I love watching Brendan's tenderness with Cal ... he puts up with so much from this little stinker ... and he is so patient and loving towards him.


Aidan? Not so much. There is eight years between Brendan and Cal, but just about three years between Aidan and Cal--and the two of them can get into quite a huff with each other!

Erin, all dressed in her Elsa dress, jumped with JOY all over the place. She is such a delight.

I love this little granddaughter with all of my heart. She was such a big help to me today! She was a good listener, and very understanding if I was occupied with taking care of Cal.
Speaking of ...
... this little boy had so much fun today at Altitude! He loves crawling under all of these foam cubes. He loves throwing them too.

Aidan held out and didn't want to get involved at Altitude today when we first arrived. He was miffed at me about an incident between he and Cal in the car--but I did the best I could do! Aidan finally loosened up and played when I told him we were going to be there for an hour whether he played or not!

These dear little ones. Sigh. I would not want to be their age in this world in which we live.


They have super loving parents, which is a real gift. I pray that God will give Dylan and Kelly the strength and wisdom to model Christ to their children, discipline them in His ways, and have the patience to sort out all of the mumbo-jumbo that comes with each child! It's the hardest job EVER. Hopeless without the Lord--but WITH Him--all things are possible!

No comments: