Monday, July 13, 2026

July 11 Deer Tracks Junction (cont)

Saturday (continued): After walking past the emus, we entered the PIG area. These little pigs have grown quite a lot in the two weeks between Erin's visit and today. Cal was very pleased to feed them. Look at his happy little face ...

We then walked over to the prairie dog place that has tunnels underneath, but Cal noticed this climbing place right next to it and decided he would prefer to do this ...
He was a little tentative about climbing this rope ladder, but he continued on up until he reached the very top, and then crossed this wiggly bridge. He was very proud of himself.
It was about noon and beginning to get HOT. Cal sat down to rest for just a minute. I reminded him that there were still a bunch of tunnels he hadn't been inside of yet.
We retraced our steps and returned to the biggest playground at the park that has tons of tunnels. Cal had a little green flashlight with him to light up his way ...

I stuck my head inside and caught this picture of him ...




I loved watching Cal climb all over the place. I could hear him talking inside of the tunnels. He had so much fun. "Next time we come, grandma, I'm going to start with the tunnels!"
We left Deer Tracks at about 12:30 and drove over to the Rockford Culver's and enjoyed a very nice lunch together.
I love you, little Cal. You are such an interesting person! Many times, Cal will begin a conversation like this: "Imagine if ..." and then he will go on to say the funniest things!


Thank you, Lord, for these wonderful hours with this dear little grandson. You are so kind, Lord!

No comments: