Tuesday: I was relieved that today was much cooler than last week at this time. Plus, the smoke from the wildfires (in Canada and Minnesota) that had wandered down to W. Michigan last Wednesday were finally gone. It was much more comfortable to have the kiddos over to spend time in my house this week. We played a LOT of games today.
After breakfast, we played a game of PICTIONARY (Jr.). There are quite a few different ways to play this game. We played it with two teams. I had gotten this game from Terry and Ruthanne during their move last year to Georgia--they were getting rid of things they no longer wanted. These guys did very well with this game--all of them are good artists!
I also got out my large white board for the kiddos to draw on ...
Aidan folded a few airplanes. This is one plane that he attached ribbons to the ends, and then taped it to my bedroom fan to see if he could make it "fly" ... it was fun to see all the different attempts Aidan made and various tapings to try to get the best flight. He finally admitted that none of his experiment worked the way he had hoped; but he sure tried!
Brendan was designing the upstairs of the house where Calvin and Hobbes live ... I think he was doing Calvin's bedroom.
I got out the "Go Fish" card game, but instead of playing "Go Fish", we played MEMORY with these cards instead. It was very fun!
I did not win a single game, no matter how hard I tried.
Cal taking a little reading break over on my couch ...
We left my house at a little after 3pm to drive back to their place. As I was driving down Petits going 50 mph, I suddenly came upon a rather large tree limb that had fallen and was laying down right ON THE ROAD. Petits had been recently resurfaced; so I just didn't see the downed limb in time to avoid it and head it straight on at 50 mph, which splintered the big branch with fragments striking the front of my pretty car ...
AND a smaller branch getting stuck beneath my car. I pulled into the next driveway and tried to pull the branch out, but it was tangled underneath my car. Sigh. I finally gave up and called Jesse, who once again came to our rescue. He was able to dislodge the branch. Notice that my Honda CRV no longer as the Honda "H" symbol on the front. Sigh again.
Thankfully, other than a few scratches and the Honda symbol now being gone, there is no other damage--and none of us were hurt. I am so thankful this didn't happen in the dark! Thank you, Lord, for keeping us safe, with no physical injuries.











No comments:
Post a Comment