Wednesday Evening: I met Emma and Dakota for Calvary's all-church picnic tonight. There were tons of people there, some good bands, free barbecue chicken sandwiches and salads, and lots of fun for kids. I took absolutely NO pictures of Emma or Dakota--I wanted to, but every time I thought about it, I wondered if Dakota would think it "odd" of me, so I didn't. It's not that I'm worried about what he thinks of me, it's just that I don't want to be in his face or make him uncomfortable around me.
We ate our meal together and just visited for awhile. Pastor Jim came up and personally greeted us, and even remembered our names--which is impressive for being a pastor of so many hundreds of people. A few of my personal friends were able to meet Emma and Kota--so that part was nice too.
After Emma and Kota left, I wandered to the far side of the parking lot to view the antique cars. I took these pictures to show to Jesse, just in case he was interested in seeing them.I'm pretty sure all of these classics are owned by people from various walks of life who attend Calvary. These cars were buffed to a shine and were very fun to look at.
Thank you to Calvary Church for this nice evening of food and fellowship.


No comments:
Post a Comment