Sunday, August 16, 2009

Can Emma REALLY be seven ... already?!

It's Emma Joy's birthday today ... and she is SEVEN. I can hardly believe it!


These photos were taken of Emma up in Alamogordo, New Mexico ("up" meaning up from El Paso) last March ... in the springtime ... five months ago now. I haven't seen her or her family since! We won't even talk about what an excruciatingly LONG period of time that is ...

The day we spent in New Mexico with Emma and her family was one of my favorite days ever. I love to look back at the pictures and remember Emma's eyes twinkling with the fun, her feet skipping over the pure white sand dunes at White Sands National Monument, her soft hair blowing in the wind at the park, her laughter making music everywhere we went ... she just sparkled all over that day! And my heart nearly burst with the JOY of just being there ...

So this is to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY, precious granddaughter. We are thinking of you with so much love. Lord willing, we will arrive in El Paso AT YOUR HOUSE to see you in 18 days ...

3 comments:

Emily said...

Happy Birthday Emma!

mom and dad hand said...

Happy Birthday, Emma. Grandpa, Uncle
David and I remember very well the
day you were born, you were beautiful
then and have been every day of your
life. We love you very much.

Ruthanne said...

Carol, this is a nice tribute to Emma. Your pictures of her are so beautiful! I know you miss her, and now I can feel your pain with one of my own to miss!