Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Monday's joys

Monday, August 26:  It was Aidan's turn to come over to my house all by himself today. He loves to play over here, and he is the perfect age. On the way to over to my place, we stopped at the bird shop over on 28th street, near Aidan's house. I am going to purchase a parakeet! Yes! I wanted to see some stuff in the bird store, so Aidan and I went inside for a bit. This particular store carries lots of parrotts and they are just "out and about" the place. We walked over to a rather large, deep red parrot and said, "Hello!" And would you believe, that crazy parrot lifted it's claw and waved to us?!?!? Aidan was thrilled.

Aidan is not a difficult child to entertain. He plays and plays and plays. He LOVES trains and spent most of his hours right here on the floor combining different engines and cars and having so much fun.
 Over the weekend, Kaity gave me a little engine we had found out in her garage. It's one that requires a battery, but then it goes! It wasn't working at Kaity's house, so we took it here and put in a fresh AA battery. I designed a layout with not too many hilly places and tested "Lady" out. She did super well! 

 However, Aidan prefered it when "Lady" was taking her nap and not getting in his way. He likes to command his own trains and doesn't like the privilege taken away from him.



 One of the most anticipated events of each and every Monday afternoon is when Aidan hears the garbage truck coming. If we are outside, he waves his little arm off (practically), and the gentleman driving the truck waves back and gives Aidan a huge smile. It's wonderful. Today, it was raining quite hard, so we stayed inside. Look how pleased Aidan is to see the garbage truck.
 Aidan ate an entire bowl of cheesy noodles for me today! It did my heart good. It has sometimes been difficult for me to find something that he really likes to eat while at my house. He has allergies, so it is a little bit trickier to feed him. He also enjoyed playing today on my couch. He would say, "I take a nap now" and then plop himself on the pillow, I would cover him up down to his toes with a baby blanket, rub his little back and his head, kiss him on the cheek and say, "Good night, Aidan!" And then two seconds later, he would wake up laughing.

And look who was home to greet us when we arrived at Aidan's house? L'il darlin' Erin Lucia! Erin LOVES to have her picture taken and then she LOVES to see it on the little camera screen afterwards. She gets a huge amount of delight out of the whole process.
 Sweet little blue-eyed girly ...
 You are precious, dear Erin!
 Oh.my.word. That scrunchy smile ... just for me?!?!?
MMM ... love this little person so much ...

No comments: