Thursday, September 5, 2019

Another wondrous Wednesday

Wednesday, September 4:  I picked Brendan up from school today and we drove straight over to my house without any appointments to keep or errands to run. Perfect.
 Brendan read me the entire book, "Are You My Mother?" He did a very good job with his reading. I remember reading this book to my little brother (David) so many times I practically had it memorized. Brendan took quite delight in this story of the pathetic baby bird who did NOT know who or what his mother was.

 Brendan met Matey today too! Here is little Matey enjoying his swing and his toys. He is such a nice bird!
 Brendan played LEGOS right near Matey for quite awhile while I was fixing us a little something to eat.
 Afterwards, Brendan suggested we play a game of HEADBANZ. I love this game! Brendan does too!

 Look how grown up Brendan has become. He is now seven and a half. I can hardly believe it. His card says he is a zebra ... but he did not know what card was on his headband and had to ask "yes" or "no" questions in order to find out. It's a very good game to play with this age children. It helps them narrow down and describe their thoughts and identify groups and specifics. It's a very good communicating game.
 Brendan was very amused with Matey. I knew he would be! I think Matey was on his swing about 80% of the time Brendan was here today.
 Below, Brendan thought perhaps Matey wanted his swing to swing a little bit faster ...


 I had such a nice time with you today, Brendan. I love you so much, dear grandson.
 When I returned Brendan to his house, little Miss Irish was there in all of her sweetness. She is truly something else.
 Look at her darling face ...
 And those deep blue eyes!

 And her darling personality! She is seriously into sweetness. 
 Mmm. Love you little Erin Lucia. You are precious.

No comments: