Monday, September 2, 2019

Treasured time

Saturday/Sunday, August 31/September 1:  I dropped Kaity off at her house by 7:30, as planned. Emma and her friend Zach were ready to go. We took Zach home to his apartment, and then Emma and I came over here for the night.
We had a lot to talk about, as usual, and it was good to catch up on Emma's week. It was her first week back as a junior at Comstock. Friday and Monday are "off" due to the Labor Day weekend.

We were looking for a movie to watch. I had been checking on Netflix and suggested that we watch a series called "Designated Survivor." I had NO idea it would be THIS compelling. We sat on the edge of our seats throughout the three episodes that we watched! Super good writing. There are 21 episodes in the first season--and there are THREE seasons to watch so far. We really enjoyed watching this together. Emma is very smart! Sometimes I'm not sure what is going on and Emma will help me figure it out; other times, Emma doesn't understand what is happening, and I help HER out. So it's pretty even!

We went to church Sunday morning and worshiped at Calvary. We have begun a new series from Paul's letter to Titus. Titus is kind of our "base" for study for this whole year. We are using Titus as our subject guide, and then jumping off from Titus to other places in Scripture that teach the same thing. Sunday's message was on the difference between "teaching" and "preaching." I learned a bunch of things about those two words that I never knew before.

Emma and I continued our Bible study on the Kings and Prophets, continuing with Elijah confronting King Ahab about Naboth's vineyard. It's quite a story about repentance, mercy, but still the long-term consequences of sin. I loved studying it this week and then sharing it with Emma.

How thankful we are that God is: "The LORD, the LORD, the compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness, maintaining love to thousands, and forgiving wickedness, rebellion and sin. Yet he does not leave the guilty unpunished ..." (Exodus 34.6-7).

No comments: