Sunday, September 1, 2019

Kaity and Emma meet Matey

Saturday, August 31:  Kaity Jane was SO pleased to meet Matey! Emma was too, but I did not take any pictures of Emma with our dear bird yet. In the afternoon, it was just Kaity and I and Matey. Emma had other plans. But then Saturday evening/night Emma was here with me and she loved this little bird too. 
 I'm happy I have a cage that can be lifted from room to room and set down on various tables around my little house. Parakeets are very social, and it is important that Matey be with people as much as possible. Matey warmed right up to Kaity, and Kaity (who is not a single bit afraid of animals) was very kind and patient with Matey. She followed my instructions completely and behaved herself like a gem.
 We switched Matey's cage into the piano room because Kaity wanted to show Matey her LEGO treehouse. It was great watching her explain the whole set up to this dear little birdy.


 Baby Bonnie got in on the fun too ...


 Matey climbed up on his own food dish today and ate quite a bit from it! Yes! Near the end of the day, he actually climbed up and drank from his water dish too. 
 A little while later, Kaity decided Matey would like a train layout surrounding his cage; so she set out to create just the right track. She ran "Lady" (the battery-powered train) around and around the track.
 Kaity was always gentle with Matey when she reached inside his cage to stroke his feathers. Good job, Kaity.
 I'm standing on a chair to get this view (hence Kaity's appalled expression) ...

 I'm very thankful for my very own pet--this is a first for me! Matey will be such a joy to the children.
Thank you, Lord. You are AWESOME.

No comments: