Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Connecting ...

Wednesday, October 2:  I prayed this afternoon on the way to get Brendan from school--"Lord, help me to connect with Brendan today." I asked this of God because sometimes it's difficult for me to figure out what Brendan is talking about. He has many passions--dinosaurs, Great Wolf Lodge, video games, Harry Potter--and some of these things I'm not very familiar with (especially Harry Potter, because I haven't read the series). Anyway, I am thankful to tell you that Brendan and I connected just fine today. We usually have very good car conversations. Today, Brendan was telling me all about a brand new dinosaur that was recently discovered UNDER water! He gave me lots and lots of interesting details about this prehistoric beastie. I gave him 100% of my attention, and it went a long way.

We came to my house and hung out with my little bird for awhile. We got out our train stuff and did some building with them. I hooked Brendan up with PBS kids for him to do a few of his games while I was getting dinner ready. Everything flowed along today very naturally and with a lot of joy. I sense (with a lot of happiness) that Brendan is becoming more and more at ease since Dylan and Kelly have adjusted his school schedule. 
 Brendan was able to make a maze with one of the games he was playing and we printed it out for him. He was very pleased.
We also read, "Violet Goes to the Country" while we sat on the couch with Matey on the coffee table right in front of us. Matey enjoys a good story! Brendan, dear person that he is, listened quietly and engaged totally with this sweet story about the little white cat with green eyes going out to the country for the very first time--what adventures she had! I love reading to Brendan. He hangs on every word and joins into the story with perfect timing. I love him so much.

No comments: