Tuesday, October 8, 2019

The bird whisperer

Saturday and Sunday, October 5-6:  Emma is amazing with Matey. She is unrelentingly in pursuit of this little bird, and he seems to love her more than anyone! He will perch on her finger like it is the most natural thing in the world to do! I learn a lot from watching Emma with Matey. I'm getting better at touching him and not flinching when he pecks at me. Eventually, he will learn to be comfortable with all of us. I'm thankful my kids are so good with animals.

Sunday afternoon, Emma organized ALL of my piano music. It was quite a job, too! Thankfully, I had a bunch of sheet protectors and extra notebooks. Emma was amazing ... and she was clearly happy doing this job. She has a natural flare for organization. Thank you, Emma!

We also did on our Bible story. This week we reviewed our story of the healing of Naaman, the mighty Syrian warrior. It was good to talk about how SIMPLE God's instructions are, and yet how our hearts resist coming to Him in faith. I'm so glad that Naaman was healed, and that the young captive Israeli girl was kind enough to tell him that healing was available to him. Heart healing. How desperately all of us need that! We prayed that we would be more obedient to God in our lives and willing to share the great news that God loves and forgives everyone who comes to Him in repentance and faith.

No comments: