Sunday, January 5, 2020

January 4

When I arrived at Kaity's house this afternoon at 3:00, she was laying in her bed in her pj's still--she was looking somewhat ill. She told me she felt dizzy and her head was hot, but that she could just go to my house and rest on the couch--would that be alright? Well, yes, it would Kaity!

We drove over to my house and I put a nice cozy sheet on the couch, got some nice pillows and a very cozy blanket, moved Matey-bird to the side, and even made a bed for baby Lily (Kaity told me she was sick too). I got Kaity some water in one of the pumpkin cups and watched over her.

Dear Kaity. She is a brave little soul. She asked if I could bring out a game that we could play together while she was resting on the couch. And then she sat up. That's when it happened. I could tell she was frightened and that she wanted to stop it ... but out came everything she had eaten the day before. It went EVERYWHERE: the blanket, the pillows, the sheet, onto the couch ...


Immediately afterwards, Kaity wanted Jesse. But Jesse was north of town setting up sound equipment for a job tonight. I left him a voice message. Then Kaity asked for Emma. I messaged Emma and she called to talk to Kaity. I stripped everything off from the couch and put it in the washing machine and made another "bed" out of sleeping bags on the area rug, got a puking bowl (just in case), and a cold compress for Kaity's head. She fell asleep for nearly an hour.

Jesse called and said he would leave early and be home by 7:00. When Kaity woke up, she said she felt much better. I told her that Jesse would be back at her house by 7:00 and she decided she would go home and be with him then. We did play TWO games of "Guess Who?" and each of us won a game. While Kaity rested, we had lots of nice talks. I massaged her head and spoke words of tenderness to her little heart. She looked like she felt pretty miserable.

I took Kaity home to Jesse and switched her out for Emma. I knew Kaity would be taken care of by Jesse and was very thankful he was able to come home. Christopher has been sick for many days with this bug, and so has Matthew. I am hoping Emma doesn't get sick--she's hoping so too! 

Emma and I just hung out together, talking, sharing what happened during our week, and then we watched two episodes of NCIS. I was pretty tired and went to bed at about 11:00. Emma and I prayed together, and I think Emma was sleeping by about 11:30. I read the next chapter of "Ben Hur" and then fell asleep. So thankful to be these girls grandma.

No comments: