Tuesday, January 7, 2020

January 6

Well, well, well you might say ... who on earth is this little urchin-baby? It's our Erin Lucia? Yes. I finally caved and relented to sharing Aidan's Monday afternoons with our QP doll. She is adorable and dear in every way.
 You might wonder WHY ON EARTH it took me so long to invite this little person over to my house? Sigh. Truly, I'm OLD. And Aidan DID sweep me off my feet with his adoring little personality. I loved drinking him up in solitude each and every Monday afternoon. He filled me up with enough love to last me for days on end!
 But in the last few weeks that I picked Aidan up at his house, wee Erin cried to come too. And her cruel grandma resisted, but promised that after the first of the year, she would be included. It's not that I didn't want to spend time with Erin, but there are only so many afternoons in one week--and I am truly partial to 1-on-1visits. I find I am less frazzled when it's a one to one ratio. I dislike being frazzled, you see. 
 You might argue that there are 7 days in a week and since I have 7 grandchildren (until May), that should suffice to spend time with each and every one of them. However, DJ and Kelly live a considerable distance and as it is, I put 350 miles per week on my car. I'm also rather spoiled and do not see a single one of my grandchildren on Tuesdays or Fridays. Those are my days off. I use them to REST: make cards, do Bible study, clean, do laundry ... putsy around the house, READ, and other pleasures!
 But back to Erin. She was quite taken with our dear Matey-bird. He wasn't wild about her groping little hands, however. He will get used to her like he has gotten used to all of the other kiddos.
 You look like a little European waif in this picture, Erin! So adorable.

 Aidan built with the "fwains" and "fwack" as usual, although he was not as intent on using every single track.


 Matey joined us for lunch and we let him eat a pretty big of lettuce while we ate our mac'n cheese.

 Aidan uses his utensils quite well, and really has from almost the beginning. Erin really doesn't find utensils necessary at all. She is an excellent eater, so I will not complain.
 Here is Aidan with a pupet on each hand. The sock puppet named Brownie (don't ask) is his favorite. Paco the Pig is very close to favorite, and then Cocoa our cat is super loved too.
 Aidan makes special little voices for the puppets and it is an absolute scream when he does.
 Little Erin kept herself mighty happy getting acquainted with Matey-Bird. She really loved to hear him sing.

 And these two shared quite easily too ... it was not nearly as difficult as I had pictured. It was nonstop, for sure, but I am rather used to that.




These two "babies" are going to welcome another into their family in May. I'm still processing that information, with thanksgiving, but with a bit of trepidation I guess. These three kiddos will be very close in age. I guess I just keep thinking how OLD I will be for this new baby in contrast with how YOUNG I was when Emma was a baby. Thankfully, I'm not in charge of these matters! God is faithful, always.

No comments: