Thursday, January 9, 2020

January 8

Wednesdays are usually my day to spend the afternoon with Brendan. But today turned out a little bit differently than what had been planned. First of all, Dylan and Kelly were picking up their new vehicle this afternoon (they've been without a car for the last 2 weeks or so--their prior one was totaled in thankfully an injury-free accident), necessitating Brendan be delivered to and from school. Brendan attends Trinitas three afternoons per week, so I picked him up and took him to school and then returned to play with the littles while we were waiting for the car dealership appointment.
 This tiny girl had just woken up from her nap. Look at her little face. She is super sweet and her MO lately is, "Waas dat?!" wanting to know what everything is named so that she can learn. She doesn't repeat what is said, at least not so far, but it's soon coming. 
 Aidan slept until Dylan woke him up at 2:30 and then we loaded eeryone up in my car and headed off to the dealership. Aidan was kind enough to pose with his favorite "Nutcwacker" from Christmas. Kelly took him to see a live performance and he has been crazy about any Nutcracker ever since. 
 Baby Erin is crazy about books of all kinds. You can regularly find her sitting in this chair "reading" a book. It's so cute.
 And here is Brendan! Sadly, I am feeling very under the weather (having been surrounded by sick grandkiddos the last few days), and I've had to cancel my afternoon with this dear boy. We did play a few games of Mario Kart on his new Ninetendo Switch, AND he got to take a special ride in their brand new vehicle after I left, so I think he was comforted about not coming over. I will miss him this evening.
 I came home to rest ... only to be continuously harrassed by this little birdie ... he really likes my mouse and keyboard and fingers too ... he chews on them! Yikes. I've got to convince him that this is not a good idea!
I have committed myself to REST all day tomorrow, and hopefully I will not get any sicker.

No comments: