Wednesday, April 13, 2022

April 12 So MUCH JOY!

Tuesday:  Ah, another Tuesday--already?!?!? My the weeks fly by, don't they? We decided to stop and play over at Dwight Lydell Park on our way to my house today. I'm so glad we did!

The kiddos had so much fun climbing, exploring, playing ... I just loved watching their joy.



This park has "new" equipment, newer even than last year! These modulars are full of interesting things to learn about and to do. Above, Erin is making beautiful music by pressing various buttons ...
Erin is an enthusiastic playgrounder. She just turns into a little monkey when around anything she can climb. I cracked up watching her. She really has no fear whatsoever, but she isn't stupid about where she goes or what she tries ... she looks all around her and finds a way to safely do what she wants to do.

Aidan on the other hand, is pretty hesitant--especially with heights; but he doesn't like to be outdone by Erin, so he trudges along and tries stuff just a little bit at a time ...

Look at Erin's expression as she reaches the end of this log ... isn't she so funny?
There is a very cool climbing apparatus at this park. I'm not sure you can see how cool it is from these pictures--but there are ropes and little perches and rope stairways, etc. all over this thing. It's really fun to play on. If I were younger I would climb it like crazy ...
Aidan climbed about two feet off the ground and was quite contented to stay put. He said he found a comfortable chair right here ...
But Brendan had his eyes on the heights ...
Aidan stretched out and now called this "his bed."
Higher and higher climbed Brendan ...
I love LOVE LOVE these pictures of him. My heart aches as I look at his face, his expressions ... his heart is so precious and I just love him so much.

Erin was watching Brendan with a lot of interest. I wasn't sure if she was going to venture higher or not ...
Aidan felt SUPER brave using this rope ladder (it was all of 3' above the ground) ...
But Erin looked up and around and discovered a way up to the top that she thought she could handle ...
Look at the determination on her little face!
Aidan climbed another "rung" of the rope ladder and I thought he would burst from the pride of his accomplishment ...

Ah ... Erin made it to the tippy top ... it's really quite high up! I was a tiny bit afraid for her, but she is a very smart little cookie ... she held on with both hands and moved cautiously along ...
Aidan is asking me in this picture (below) "how on erf can I get down fwum here?" You can see how LOW he is to the ground in comparison to Brendan and Erin ...
Erin found a pathway back down and spent some time with Aidan ...
Aidan is still trying to figure out HOW to get down ...
... which is cracking Brendan right up ...


Look at Brendan's dear face ... 

His dear heart ... he has had MY heart since the day he was born ...




My favorite picture of Brendan (below) ...


And little angel Erin ... I could look at her soft little face and drink in her love for a very long time.
Such blessings! My heart is so full ... thank you so much, Lord.
 

No comments: