Monday, April 18, 2022

April 17 RESURRECTION!

Easter Sunday:  Emma and I were privileged to attend the 10:45 service this morning. I have never attended a more powerful worshp service in all my life. I felt as if I had stepped over the threshold into heaven and I never wanted it to end.

I don't have time this morning to detail the service, but when I return from Florida I will ... because I MUST. From start to finish: the songs we sung, the baptisms and testimonies, the teaching (which was absolutely amazing) ... I can't even put it into words ... it was just completely AWESOME.

Pastor's message was entitled: "The Last Supper". He referenced back to ArtPrize 2015 to the art entry titled by that name--evidently it was displayed in the Kendall Art building--I never saw it and I really regret it. Pastor wove the theme of his work of art into his teaching. I'm going to post just two pictures I was able to find on the internet:



 I loved this sermon SO MUCH. This ArtPrize entry is by a woman who researched for 15 years the last supper of death row inmates and the painted those on plates. Here they are (above). 

MORE NARRATION:




Anyway, pastor's point was that these inmates had their last supper and what they chose for it told much about them as people--ah! I wish I could give the whole sermon here. But when Jesus had HIS last supper, it was NOT His last supper here on earth! He rose to life and ate fish with his disciples! He promises to eat with us when He comes again! 

I will continue this post later ...

No comments: