Wednesday, April 13, 2022

April 7 and 9 with dear Kaitlyn

Thursday and Saturday:  I have no pictures to prove it, but I did get to spend time with Kaity on Thursday afternoon as well as Saturday. Kaity is not agreeable to pictures lately, so I have reluctantly put aside my camera when she is over. She only makes horrible faces at me when I point the camera in her direction, and I have enough of those kinds of pictures of this rascal to last me quite awhile.

There was nothing remarkable about the time we spent together, not on either occasion; but here's the thing: Kaity knows how sick I have been and she is old enough now (and tender too) to adjust herself to a quieter time with me when necessary. 

So what did we do? We ate. We watched funny videos. We made a card for Matt's upcoming birthday. One of the afternoons, Kaity stripped my couch of all pillows and blankets, hauled all of the kitchen chairs into the main room and made a very interesting and well-built "fort". We hung around in there for awhile with all of the puppets, who were busy taking naps or generally making a fuss and needing Kaity's attention.

I also got out my Easter egg set that helps to teach the story of the last few days leading up to the very reason Jesus came to earth. Kaity has loved these eggs since she was a little girl. So ... we did the Easter story, opening up each egg to find the cool visual for each part of the story. The best part is when you get to the last egg and it is totally EMPTY. It's amazing to me how well Kaity will listen to a story with visuals and with something for her to actually DO during the telling of the story. We talked about how much Jesus loves us and how amazing it was for Him to come, be willing to suffer for our sins and to give us new life. Thank you, Lord. Thank you for these hours with Kaity.

No comments: