Saturday, April 16, 2022

April 15 Meijer Gardens with Emma

Good Friday:  Emma took the night off work so that she could attend Calvary's Good Friday service tonight. I'm so glad! Since we had the afternoon together as well, we drove over to Meijer Gardens to have a look at the butterflies. The "Butterflies are Bloomin'" exhibit is over at the end of April, so we were kind of at the tail end of it ... there were less butterflies today than when I was here a few weeks ago ...


But still ... enough to bring us delight for the short while we were there.
This MOTH was inside the glass enclosure. I would have loved to see it fly around and get a better picture, but this was the best I could do using my zoom.

And this Blue Morpho would NOT open its wings to demonstrate the gorgeous blue inside for anything!





I love the steamy temperature inside this tropical garden--it's super warm and humid and my whole body rejoices with it!



Emma and I split up because we were both shooting pictures and didn't want to interrupt each other. I tried to catch just a few of Emma ... it was very crowded in here today, so this was all I was able to get!

This immense room has three walls with variations of this "sculpture." I'm not sure what we are supposed to see in it or experience ... it's a bit "out there" for me. I just don't have any appreciation at all for sculpture I guess! I'm the same way with abstract art--I just don't have much in common with it.
Anyway, it IS interesting ... Emma was not at all impressed! Her only comment was: "WHY?!?!?" Ha!

After our Garden visit, we had about an hour to "kill" before the Good Friday service began, so we browsed around TJ Maxx for awhile and then went to the service. It was quiet and thoughtful and ... very wonderful. We sang beautiful hymns about Jesus sacrificing His life for us, we partook of communion, the last week of His life here on earth was read from Matthew's Gospel--it was better than eating a yummy meal! Thank you, Lord, for Your great mercy and grace in forgiveness of all of my sin. Anticipating Easter morning ...
 

No comments: