Saturday, April 16, 2022

April 14 Kaity-kins

Thursday:  It sure is good to be back to my "usual" schedule and NOT sick even a little bit! I'm so thankful! Kaity came over today for a few hours. We played and did our typical activities. I only took a very few pictures because ... Kaity isn't fond of having me aim my camera in her face.

Actually, there was ONE different thing we did together tonight. We worked on Kaity's homework! We had a really good time doing it too. Kaity is a very smart third grader! Her reading has improved immensely, and she is coming along just fine. MATH, however, is not her favorite subject (it's my very worse subject) ... but Math homework is what we did. 

We worked on square footage (area) versus perimeter of squares and rectangles. Some of it was a little tricky! I hadn't thought about this stuff in a very long time. I did okay in math during my school years--but I certainly did not excel in any way. However, I did memorize my times tables and I know I use the knowledge gained from that almost every day.
We really had a good time working on homework tonight. Kaity was not at all resistant to doing the work. She asked for help when she needed it and we got all of her assignments finished. Yes!
I tried to catch a few more pictures of Kaity just relaxing ... but see what happens?
Two photo bombs! That's okay. We played a game of UNO as well as three games of "Sleeping Queens." Kaity finished up the leftover french toast for dinner and she had a dish of "Death by Chocolate" ice cream for desert. 

Saturday, we are having Matthew over (Chris was invited too, but he is scheduled to work Saturday and cannot come) for dinner, birthday cake, and hopefully a nice time together. Looking forward to that ...
 

No comments: