Thursday, April 7, 2022

April 5 I have missed these kiddos!

Tuesday:  Just when I thought I had fully recovered from this nasty non-COVID virus and was feeling almost "normal" for five days, it reered its ugly head and came back with a vengeance. This time, however, it was not "the crud" in my head, nose, and throat. It was a very sore throat, achy joints/muscles (every single one of them), a horrid headache, and a never-ending deep cough. I am beginning to wonder if it will EVER go away and leave me alone. So ... this is why I haven't had grandchildren over. I certainly don't want to pass these nasty germs onto them! 

But here it is, Tuesday again! I had cancelled everything off my calendar from last week--which was very sad to do! Since I was feeling back to about 80%, I decided to give it a go with the littles today with the stipulation that I couldn't stay to play with Cal after I dropped the kids off at 5:45. Here are just a few pictures I took of them while they were playing:

Erin was wearing a very beautiful princess dress today--she was SO pleased. She wanted to play with the magna-tiles immediately!
I picked out a bunch of interesting books at the library, and Brendan got comfortable and read a LOT of them today.
Aidan got right to work on a literary piece of art ...

Later in the day, I showed them the video Kaity had made for them the week before, using all of the puppets who somehow turned into balloons in the middle of the night and had a big balloon fight before falling back to sleep and turning back into themselves!
I was going to have these guys make another video for Kaity, but I could NOT get PhotoBooth to work correctly today ... so ... we did some other stuff instead.

It was a fun and busy day. I did a LOT of reading to the kiddos again today and by the end of my time with the kids, I had almost no voice left (once again).
Below is an assortment of "Get Well" cards that Aidan gathered from around his house to give to me today. He was so proud of them! Notice that they are actually NOT get well cards ... one is even a "Just Married" !! card -- yikes! Not me, for sure! 
Aidan had added a bunch of words to one of the cards on the inside (the bottom left card) but since he has just turned 5 and isn't a genius (he's pretty smart--but not QUITE a genius), his words are not quite correct--but super sweet of him to put so much effort into trying to make his old grandma feel better. Thank you, Aidan!

No comments: