Monday, October 23, 2023

October 21 At Olivet

Saturday Afternoon:  It was Homecoming at Olivet this weekend ... so Jesse and I went to the game. I should have taken pictures as we drove that beautiful stretch of Michigan roads ... it just doesn't get any prettier than Octobers in Michigan. The colors were SO gorgeous. I love the drive to Olivet. Jesse doesn't take the boring route. No no no. He DOES use his GPS, but he often takes alternate routes too. I love back roads best. I love farms and fields with horses and crops and barns. And TREES. Open land. Dirt roads. Fences.

Anyway ...

We arrived just as the game was beginning. Remarkably, as we were nearing the parking lot for the game, Diana's vehicle was just behind us! This was a happy thing for me--Kaity and Emma were in Diana's vehicle, making it much easier to FIND them at the game. 

Here are some pictures I took during the game:


It had been raining in Grand Rapids for three solid days prior to the game. It rained all the way over to Olivet--not pouring, but pretty steady--until we were about 20 minutes away from campus, and then it stopped! Yay! The high was only supposed to get to 53 degrees, so I dressed in multiple layers--as warm as I could. I was still cold.
Chris is #31, so I was really only interested in capturing as much as I could of him ...
I'm not crazy about the coach ... you would think he would remove his first string when they were clearly NOT making ANY gains whatsoever either offensively nor were they holding Hope defensively. But the coach just would not give up on his first string. Good grief. There were at least 50 other eligible players ready and willing to play. How else are they going to prove themselves? Goodness.

It did sprinkle off and on throughout the game. The cheerleaders had their ponchos on to try to keep dry.



It's very fun to be at a college football game. There is a lot of "spirit" in the stands and college loyalty; but I must say that everyone in the stands was quite fed up with the coach. After all, people at the TOP have to take responsibility for the bad plays and the poor coaching.


Olivet scored ONE touchdown ... finally ... in the fourth quarter. The coach DID finally put his second string quarterback in (after the first string guy threw THREE interceptions) ... but it was a little bit too late to salvage the game. I won't bother to record the final score.
I still contend, however, that playing football is a good thing and I am really glad Chris is here and has been given this opportunity to be a part of a college team. Chris loves the game. 

Please bless Chris, Lord, in his efforts here at Olivet. Help him to chase after YOU as much as he pursues his dream of football. YOU never disappoint and You faithfully reward those who seek after You. You are AWESOME, Lord.


No comments: