Thursday, October 5, 2023

October 4 Chipmunks

Wednesday:  I've been feeding birds at my little house for several years but have added a few new additions to my feeders in the way of different food and presentation. The other week I noticed a chipmunk hoisting itself up my metal pole feeder and then eating whatever it wanted ... and coming back for more! Climbing the feeder is absolutely NO problem for these chumps!





 The other day, there were TWO of them stealing the bird feed simultaneously. The other one was over on my neighbor's "picnic table" feeder, enjoying the fact that he could stuff practically an entire days' worth of seed in his pouches. 

I have protested the neighborhood squirrels doing the same thing--I usually pound on my window until they vacate the premises--there was actually a squirrel spread-eagle between the metal post and the seed the other day until I scared him away.

But the chipmunks, chumps that they are, are TOO CUTE ... and I love watching them run up the pole and then when their little cheeks are bursting, just leap off the feeder like it was nothing. I DO get plenty of birds as well--beautiful little finches--their colors are amazing! And woodpeckers too!

No comments: