Monday, December 18, 2023

December 17 Pageant, Part 2

Pageant Pictures (cont):  It was finally time for everyone to walk down the aisle of the sanctuary and take their places at the front. The nativity story is read from Scripture by various older children, while the younger children sit or stand on the platform and "look" their parts ...

So here are the little group of cows, sheep and camels awaiting the arrival of the angels ...




Aidan seems to be enjoying himself hugely ...



I'm not sure what Aidan is thinking about as he covers his little face here ... but I've just noticed that his hands are exactly like Dylan's! Look at them!

Ah ... the angels have arrived ...
... along with the rest of the cast and narrators ...
Erin was quite a pensive little angel ...


I'm not sure ... but Erin looks a tiny bit uncomfortable or maybe just a little bit "pouty" in these pictures coming up ...

Aidan was a very creative cow ...

Aidan is quite an intense little person ...
The shepherds have arrived. The Christmas story is being read aloud from Scripture--the best story ever--the truth of which will change any willing heart!
Erin apparently is ... praying? scratching her eyes? ? ? ?

Look at Aidan's little smile here ... he kills me.
One of my favorite parts (every year) is when the STAR from the East appears. I love that it is hanging from a pole and is carried in each year to hover over the manger. Excellent.
And here is our Brendan ... singing ... with a LOT of feeling too.
He was one of the only singing shepherds in the pageant this year ...
Ah, Brendan ... you are so precious.

Here is a tiny half-smile from our pouty angel ...



Mmm ... I love this so much.


The pageant was too-soon over (always) and Brendan (who was HOT underneath his shepherd garb) discarded his head gear immediately! So for the group picture, he was bare-headed; but always handsome.
Take a look at our hilarious COW ... not sure what was cracking him up!


Hi there, dear little angel-girl.



After the pageant, everyone went to the Fellowship Hall (I'm not sure what it is actually called at Holy Trinity) where many snacks were provided. Erin let me take a picture of her in her sparkly dress. It's SO her.
I tried to get a good picture of Dylan and Kelly, but the only one of just the two of them was blurred so badly that I couldn't fix it with any editing I tried. So here they are with their good friend as she shows them pictures of her parents (I think).

What a lovely hour to spend with these people that I love so much. 

PS:  At one point, Aidan announced that he was a COW without the "O"--so I asked him what on earth that meant!?!?! What would a COW without an "O" be? He very carefully sounded out "CWWWW" and then cracked up. You are something else, Aidan Paul. 

No comments: