Friday, December 22, 2023

December 20 Wednesday Doings

Wednesday:  SO ... it turns out that there is only a half day of school today for my "older" kiddos; so after I pick Cal up from preschool, I will pick up the other three and take everybody back to my house. For some reason, having all four of these guys at one time is very stressful for me. I wish it wasn't so! I do plan to work on it--it's not like I've given up on myself. I am NOT too old to learn how to just relax and take it as it comes--but it sure doesn't come naturally, that's for sure.

Cal's preschool was having a little Christmas party today, so I was invited to come early and share some of it with him. Cal showed me all around his classroom. He is so pleased to attend school! He has met a lot of little friends here and talks about them a lot. I was quite impressed with the place, and picked up a few "play" ideas to do here at my house.

Here is Cal eating a GREEN cookie ...
... and then progressing right away to a RED cookie. I love watching him interact with his friends and teachers. He does a really good job!
We left Cal's school and drove over to his house to collect Brendan, Aidan and Erin and then drove to my house. Here are pictures of some of what we did:
Cal "crashed" about 85 cars in a huge pile. Aidan was very interested in some of the cool toys our friend, Ms. Gloria, brought over to my house a few weeks ago. Aidan is a very good builder.

I put some LEGO magazines and a few interesting books in the top bunk for Brendan to "escape" to for a quiet place to read. Erin was disappointed she was not allowed to be up on the top bunk again today--but she handled it just fine in the long run.



Cal and Erin shared some cuddle time in the bottom bunk with some of the stuffed animals and dolls and books for awhile ...

Aidan showing me the DRONE he designed
COOL, Aidan!



What I didn't get pictures of was the paper airplane flying! I have a bin full of very interesting and great flying paper airplanes. Aidan asked if we could play with those--so we flew them all over my little house, laughing like crazy as they crashed into walls and ceiling, etc.
Our art table got highly used as well. I just love that these guys enjoy drawing and creating things. They are really good artists too.

Dylan returned at 4:00 to retrieve his tribe. We all survived!! I know. I am so dramatic. I don't mean to be, honestly! I just tend to get completely overwhelmed with this ratio of children (4), to me (1) and feel so inadequate to care for them as I should. My greatest fear is that I will speak unkindly to one (or more) of them when I am overwhelmed trying to listen to them all talk to me at once, etc. I was very thankful to read in Psalm 136 this morning that 25x it is stated: "His faithful love endures forever." That was such a comfort to me!


No comments: