Sunday, December 31, 2023

December 30 with KT

Saturday:  It was a bit of an unusual Saturday for KT and I. Her mom was out of town, so KT spent half of her day with her friends, Kenzie and Harper--and that's where I picked her up at 3:30. We went to my house to hang out for a little while, all the time with KT hoping to see Ayden later in the day over at Altitude--however, nothing had been definitely arranged on that account.

While we were hanging out here, Kaity and I did a little bit of art ... using my brand new ink pads that perfectly fit thumbs and fingers!


I should have snapped a picture of Kaity working on her sketches. I have TWENTY-FOUR tiny ink pads that we had spread out all over our art table trying to decide which colors to use. None of our sketches were supposed to compose an actual picture--we were just trying out various examples in our Ed Emberley Thumbprint book. I love doing art with kids!

Afterwards, we ate our meal and then headed out to Altitude. Kaity was still hoping to find Ayden there and was so obsessed with it that she finally messaged his grandma asking if she thought he would be there tonight. She responded right away and told Kaity that Ayden was with his cousins through Sunday night--so, no--he would not be at Altitude. SO ... Kaity switched gears, started running around with a few other kids and ended up having a nice time. 


I love this child. I love her honesty and her ability to connect with--not only me, her old grandma--but all different kinds of children and people. I'm asking the Lord to surround her with people that truly love Him so that she can be encouraged to exercise saving FAITH in this dark world we live in. Please, Lord, open Kaity's heart to You so that she will worship You in spirit and truth.


No comments: