Wednesday, March 1, 2023

February 28 Music boxes and Cars

Tuesday:  My "littles" were here today for their usual 3-4 hours to play and just hang out. I took a few (!!) pictures of these little darlings:

I set the garage up on the coffee table today and attached a nice track down to the floor so that Cal could zoom and crash cars to his heart's content. He was busy at this for HOURS.
It's so cute when he brings a car over to the gas pump--he makes a little swishing sound with his mouth to represent the gas flowing into the gas tank--very serious about the entire process.

Erin did her usual cutting of letter sized paper into the tiniest possible scraps ... she is practicing using scissors, which is a very good skill to have! She truly enjoys just ... cutting paper!
Look how she concentrates!

I had our speedway set up today (but no train tracks) in order to give more space on the floor for racing. Cal adores this blue car that goes "super fast" and has lights!

Erin admires these artificial roses that Kaity gave me years ago ... mostly because they are from Kaity, whom Erin absolutely adores.

Today, Erin wanted to check out my "jewels" once again, so we did that briefly; but then I went and got out a few of my music boxes for her to explore ... it was love at first sight.
Erin is a very precious little girl, and she is at a very "chummy" age and loves to tell me EVERYTHING she is thinking about ... I love it.
Erin's favorite (and mine too) is my snow globe music box that plays "O Holy Night", which is quite fragile. She did a great job being careful with it. When I showed this to her 2 Christmases ago, she claimed that the church was HER Orthodox Church!

By about 2:15 or so, I was pretty worn out between playing garage with Cal and trying to keep up with Erin's conversations. I put on FROZEN for the kiddos to watch and cleaned a few things up while they were watching. 

On our ride back to their house, Cal fell asleep; but Erin did not! She was wide awake and singing the whole time. We got back in time to get Aidan off his bus and unload Cal to the couch to finish his nap. Brendan came home soon after and we all just played and hung out until Dylan and Kelly arrived home shortly before 6:00. With help, I was able to unload the dishwasher and reload it in time for the arrival of our yummy pizza dinner. I had a little time to visit with Dylan and Kelly too, which is always a good time. My life is very enriched by this dear family.

No comments: