Thursday, March 16, 2023

March 14 Such a fun day

Tuesday:  I had the littles at my house for their usual time today. We had s0 much fun. Cal is getting used to my toys, knows exactly what he wants, and plays so well independently. I love to watch him as he figures out how each toy works and how he pretends with each of them. It's super cute.

Today, I set up the toy playground along with our three horses with individual stables ...

Cal played with these toys for a solid hour! He had kids on the merry-go-round spinning like crazy! He was putting all of his CARS down the slide ... making a happy "whoop" when they would crash.

He was thoroughly delighted with the entire set-up. The cars that he added just made it extra special (!!).
Erin set right in to cutting paper into little tiny pieces. She loves to use scissors and is quite skilled with them.







Erin requested a hot dog for lunch ... with CHEESE ... and mustard ... and ketchup! Easy stuff! 
As she ate it in the warmed up bun she declared: "This is the BEST hot dog I've ever had, Gwamma!"
Meanwhile, Cal wasn't a single bit interested in eating. He was in search of "more cars" which is his endless endeavor. Blue cars, especially. Now and then when I am at Meijer, I go down the Hot Wheels aisle and pick out a brand new BLUE car for this little guy.
Both kiddos played trains for quite awhile too. Cal isn't crazy about sharing trains ... or for that matter, sharing anything! Erin was able to hold her ground for awhile and continue to play--there is enough space here and certainly enough track and trains for TWO kiddos to enjoy.

Isn't Erin the sweetest little thing? I love her to pieces. She loves to wear pretty dresses, bows in her hair, fancy shoes ... she's a real girly girl--and it's so much fun.





Cal's quite an intense little train conductor ... do not mess with him!

Erin took refuge in my bedroom for awhile and cuddled under my softest blanket with "Harry" and "Lucy."
I decided that Erin and I should paint a picture today, so we did. I have a bunch of watercolor sets and printed pictures from Bible teaching days. Erin is painting a picture of Mary, Joseph, and baby Jesus.

Cal banged around on the piano while we painted.
"Why are you painting Joseph's clothes GREEN, Erin?" I asked. She replied: "That's what color he was wearing in the movie, Gwamma--don't you know?" I truly could not imagine a movie with Joseph wearing a green garment of any kind.
Erin later told me her family OWNED the movie, and that's how she decided on the color. It turns out they have "The Star" (animated) at their house. I HAVE seen that movie!
It was finally chocolate ice cream time. This little person ate his ice cream with a flourish.
Look at him! Cal! You are a scream.
Erin enjoyed her ice cream too.


You are personality-plus, Cal. Goodness!

Both kiddos fell asleep in the car on the way back to their house. Aidan got off his school bus at 4:08, and I carried two sleeping children inside their house to the couch, covered them with blankets, and they slept another hour. It was quite difficult to awaken them! Aidan and Brendan played in the basement while I emptied the dishwasher and reloaded it and just fussed around the kitchen while the littles were sleeping. Dylan and Kelly were home somewhere around 5:45 with pizza, which everyone ate and enjoyed.

Earlier this morning, before picking up the children, I tripped and fell backwards landing on my left shoulder (which for some reason was already sore) and the back of my head with quite a smack. I think that added to my exhaustion today, so I ended up leaving to come back home shortly after 6:00. I really wanted to stay and be more helpful, but I just had no more strength. It sure was a fun day, though, and I am very thankful for it.


No comments: