Saturday, March 4, 2023

March 2 Body Builder KT!

Thursday:  It was SO nice to see Kaity this afternoon and evening. It had been more than a week since she had come over due to her being sick one week and then me being sick another. 

Kaity decided to show off her body building skills to me today. She cracked herself up--me TOO!
You see, every sibling Kaity has is very conscious of their body strength and fitness ... so she naturally has followed their example (or at least she TRIES to). These are actually Emma's eight pound weights that Kaity is using to show me a few exercises you can do if you are so inclined (I am not).
This next one super impressed me. Kaity is actually SITTING against my door, but there is NOTHING underneath to hold her up! PLUS, she has an eight pound weight on her lap! She makes this look so easy. 
I would TRY this (because it looks fun), but I value the health of my tailbone more than the joy of actually doing this. SO ... another exercise that this grandma will not do!

Miss Jen came by to deliver some AWANA papers to me so that I can encourage Kaity in her Bible studies there. Kaity was extremely NOT enthused by this at all. She was happy to see Miss Jen--but Kaity definitely does not enjoy anything to do with memorizing or reading or most of what is contained in these Awana materials. I am praying about this and asking the Lord to help me be more intentional about sharing the Lord with Kaity, even if she is totally not interested.

Miss Jen had some great news though! She is engaged to be married!!!! YES! I asked if her fiancé was "worthy" of her and she assured me that he is truly a wonderful person. I have prayed for this for Jen for quite some time. I am so happy for her I could burst. Just so you know, Miss Jen is one in a million. Seriously. She is so good with children--she is super patient, kind, wise, organized ... amazing. But more than all of that, she sincerely loves the Lord and seeks Him with her heart--and I see Him in her all the time. Beautiful. 

I also took Kaity over to my sister's so that she could meet Terry and her. We only stayed 5 minutes or so, but they greeted her with LOVE and welcomed her to come over with me anytime. Perhaps when the weather warms up and Terry puts the ping-pong table out in (what will soon be) their enclosed carport, we can all play ping-pong together on a real ping-pong table instead of on my too-small table top. I hope we do this!

No comments: